Senior PR Strategist
(San Fran/Bay Area Opportunity – August 2016)
**Virtual/Remote Opportunity with some travel required**
We are looking for an exceptional PR/Social Media Strategist who has a strong understanding of and experience with various communications channels – including but not limited to media relations, influencer relations, content marketing, social media outreach and engagement – and who can take an active role in leading all aspects of a client’s campaign.
We are Just Drive Media (JDM) and we offer PR, Social Media and digital marketing services. We are a virtual team and as a result are nimble and effective. We operate primarily in the technology industry, running both B2B and B2C oriented campaigns. We have a high bar for quality and expect all team members to deliver results. This is why our clients tend to stick around.
In this role you will work remotely/virtually most of the time, and must be familiar with and able to overcome the challenges that this provides – namely, prioritizing and managing deadlines.
Although we are virtual, we are currently looking for someone local to the Bay Area because of local client demands. There will be some local office visits, and occasional client based travel required.
You must be a highly responsible and client minded strategist and thrive on driving programs forward, making recommendations to clients where appropriate, and working with other team members to make things happen.
You will serve as a day-to-day contact for media and clients. You take initiative in developing relationships with both, looking for opportunities to secure positive PR and other desired outcomes for clients (relationships, engagement, etc.), and for your team (credibility/exposure for Just Drive Media). You must be able to secure quality media placements for clients and it is your responsibility to research reporters and outlets, brainstorm new approaches and ensure that you are bringing new coverage opportunities to the client.
In addition to being a strong PR strategist, you must have a solid understanding of other communications and content marketing approaches that can be leveraged to build audiences and engagement for clients, and recommend accompanying tactics to clients where appropriate.
We work in a fast-paced industry and keeping ahead is what sets us apart. We expect all of our team members to help JDM stay on top of the latest in PR, social media and technology, and continuously improve upon our thinking, our approaches, our recommended programs and tactics.
This is a unique opportunity in that we are virtual and can provide a flexible working arrangement which you are largely able to control. That said, you have to be able to work well autonomously, work well with our team, meet deadlines and deliver results for our clients, in order for our working relationship to be successful.
- Serve as day-to-day contact for media and clients. Maintain regular contact with clients; pro-actively offer and implement new ways to meet client goals. Build understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and their competitive environment; make appropriate strategy and approach recommendations
- Be able to drive results, Secure consistent and quality media placements with active pitching, manage other team members output, check in regularly to ensure goals are being met, and where they aren’t, recommend a new approach
- Act as an air traffic controller – help account teams stay on track with deadlines, meeting goals and client expectations. Manage a client’s content and communications output; manage/track editorial calendars, edit content, ensure voice cohesiveness, manage team members and deadlines
- Staying on top of latest trends, best practices across all communications channels to help us think through our approaches, our recommendations to clients, new channels and techniques to try out, etc. Provide insight into key trends in the industry which are relevant to clients and create story ideas that generate coverage and buzz
- Writing and placing content – Drafting press releases, bylines, Tweets, blogs and other social posts, using relevant hashtags, tapping into trends/memes with relevant/witty content. Knowing when and where to place and amplify in order to maximize exposure
- Monitor media, flag updates, formulate action plans to align with opportunities
- Participate in the new business process; research, preparation and presentations
- Train and mentor new/junior team members on accounts/roles
- Evaluating new tools and technologies, and making recommendations back to other team members on whether/how to use
- Pursuit of Excellence: Dedicating oneself to achieving results that seem beyond reach and encouraging the same in others. Speaking up when help is needed and being realistic about one’s ability to commit to projects, deadlines and time commitments.
- Proven data analysis, visualisation & research skills – a problem solver
- Precise attention to detail, but also the ability to think critically and see the bigger picture
- A creative thinker – ability to come up with fun, creative ways of approaching PR/marketing campaigns and problems/challenges that may arise
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, strong presenting skills
- A genuine passion for all things PR and tech, digital innovation and data-driven insight
- An eagerness to learn new things, and a willingness to do things that may not always fit perfectly into the job description, as it is likely to evolve over time
- Superior organizational and time management skills – ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, without sacrificing quality
- Strong command of standard office technologies such as MS-Office, Internet and other online services, required